Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Why I'm Not a Liberal

Well, for those that have read my posts on other's blogs, i.e. mormonsforpeace and connorboyack.com, this post is for you. Whether you've been a witness to my transformation or not, hopefully you'll get something out of some growth I have had.

I'm against the Iraq war. Wild, huh? Not "against" in the stupid liberal way, but against as in "let's not do that again".

Let me say this first, for those of you that thought my transformation turned me into a liberal, or that I could vote for *cough* Obama... I can't, and I'm not... and I won't.

But I figure I owe an explanation for my change, so here it is, in all its glory. We shouldn't be messing with outside nations. There it is. No treaties, no alliances. Nothing. Trade, yes, but everything else no. Foreign aid - yes... unless it's done with a commitment, i.e $5B per year to some random muslim nation that hates us. Be charitable, not submissive. Take care of our own before we take care of theirs.

Let them fend for themselves.

That's the way George Washington wanted it, that's the way America ought to do it, and it'd work out pretty well if they did.

Just a quick answer on why I'm not a liberal: liberals claim to stand for freedom, but they trounce over the freedom of everyone they feel inclined to demonize. They ignore the rule of law, and seek to make the government a charity. But a charity only in the sense that it gives stuff to people that did not earn it - and in the process buying the votes of those they give to. There is a lot more evil there, but its root is that angel who fell from heaven; and his one desire was the enslavement and misery of all mankind. Liberalism, unfortunately, is the offshoot of that; it is the ideal of control of others by those two-legged pigs that are supposedly smart enough to make our decisions for us.

I'm not buying it. Go ahead, name one thing they've done that has really been good, and hasn't been fraught with corruption... I haven't been able to come up with one that isn't motivated primarily to enhance their own power.

You know, this will have to be expanded. I'll rewrite when I feel so inclined.

2 comments:

Carissa said...

Hi there! What have you been up to? Do people think you're really a liberal because you've changed your mind on the war? That's funny. As if everyone has to fit into one predetermined political mold or another ;)

So you are for foreign aid (generally)? Are you for or against domestic government welfare programs?

Looking forward to your expanded version!

Toadicus Rex said...

I've been mostly just keeping my head down and working incessantly. It's been a crazy couple of months.

The idea behind the post wasn't so much to say that I didn't want anyone to confuse me with a liberal as it is merely stating why I'm not a liberal, my reasons and feelings on the subject, specifically with regard to foreign policy.

And NO, for the most part, I'm against foreign aid by the US government. Government should not EVER be a charity, whether the beneficiaries lie internally or externally.

And good heavens... that goes for ALL government welfare programs. Government, as I said, is not a charity, and it is absolutely evil to use it to those ends. There is too much open to corruption when that is part of government.